Saturday, October 25, 2014

Does your weave smells like Feet? I can help fix that

Does your Weave smell like corn chips? Have you ever scratched your weave and sniffed your finger and it smells like sweaty socks? No? Liar. The truth is if you wear a weave for a long period of time it will stink. And if you don't wash it, it will stink. Think about it. You scalp is producing oil and is not getting any fresh air nor is it being washed. And you are trapping it under track
s and caps so all of that is building up and it will stink. If you use glue then that's a different story of stink weave. But for my sew-in sisters, I have gotten my weave washing routine down to that it does not smell at all. When I scratch my scalp and sniff my finger it smells like happiness. So here is a list of all of my steps to cleaning my scalp.

  1. Pre-poo. Pre-pooing is a step that you do prior to shampooing. You basically saturate you hair in conditioners or oils so that when you shampoo your hair there will be less damage from the sulfates. With my weave I pre-poo with a hot oil treatment that consist of tea tree oil and coconut oil. This is highly recommended because these oils contain anti-bacterial properties. Since your scalp has the tendency to trap bacteria and may build up mildew under  your weave then you must use an anti-bacterial agent. Let this sit for 10 to 15 minutes or over night with a shower cap on
  2. Shampoo. Part your weave into four sections or in a way that it is easier to get to your scalp. Mix shampoo and water together in an application bottle and apply to scalp. Then, gently massage to lather into your hair. I use Garnier Frutise fortifying shampoo to clean my scalp.
  3. Shampoo Again. After shampooing your scalp, apply shampoo to your weave to help get out the oils from your weave. I use Organix's Brazilian Keratin Shampoo on my weave because it dose not contain sulfates...and smells like chocolate.
  4. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse. ACV kills bacteria and clarifies the scalp. Pour ACV  onto the scalp and let sit for a minute or two then rinse.
  5. Condition. Condition hair and scalp as usual. Make sure you rinse the conditioner out thoroughly to avoid product build up.
  6. Dry. Do not let your real hair air dry! When your real hair is left damp for days you will have mildew growing underneath there! And that smells HORRIBLE!
If you follow these steps at least once a week you will never have stink weave!

3 comments:

  1. I've smelled some horrible smelling weaves, especially at school. I guess people don't think weaves can stink. I'm glad I wear wigs so I don't have this problem. I just pop it on and pull it off & I can wash it whenever I feel like it.

    Also I want to thank you for nominating me of the "One Lovely Blog Award" I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so welcome. and yes wigs are awesome. especially the U-part

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shit is crazy! Putting someone's hair on your head!?

    ReplyDelete