Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pretty Cheap: Baby Oil

$1-$3
So I'm gona start a new theme for my blog called  "Pretty Cheap" and I will just blog about really cheap products that you can use for beauty. So My first Pretty Cheap Item is baby oil. Yes that oil that smells like fresh babies.

What is baby oil? Baby oil is mineral oil with added fragrances. So what is mineral oil? Mineral oil is a liquid by product from petroleum. So like liquid Vaseline. Is this stuff healthy? I don't know I am a fashion student not a biology major. But I do know that this is some amazing stuff and you can use it in many different ways. So here is a list:

  1. Make-up remover. I don't use make-up remover, I use oil, but not baby oil. I oil cleanse with olive oil, sunflower seed oil and coconut coil. But if you are not an oil cleanser (I don't know why not) baby oil will remover your eye make up easily. 
  2. Foot oil. So I've heard if you apply baby oil to your foot and go to sleep with socks on, it will smooth cracked feet.
  3. Shaving oil. I've also heard that this will replace your shaving creme.
  4. After shave. 
  5. Shower oil. I used to buy fancy dry body oils until I read the back of the label and it was mostly made of mineral oil, and fragrances. So I was paying $8 for a small bottle of fancy looking mineral oil? I think not I switched to baby oil for $2 and got the same results.
  6. Bath oil. Make your bubble bath extra fancy with a few squirts of this magic. You will have the softest skin of life
  7. Hot oil treatment for nails. Heat it up and soak your nail in it 5 to 10 minutes to prevent dry and brittle nails
  8. Exfoliate. Mix with sugar or use it with an exfoliating brush to remove dead skin for your body.
  9. Keep razors from rusting. Put a few drops of oil on it so your razor can last longer.
Do you know any other beauty uses for baby oil? Please share!
-oolala
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cheap theme is amazing !!
    very usefull review :))
    I have no idea that it can be a nail treatment

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks spaccio pannolini ravenna

    ReplyDelete