Thursday, September 11, 2014

5 Things to Like About Fall



 Fall is just around the corner and i am beyond exited! Fall has to be the coziest season. My favorite season of the year is Spring, mostly because I am a Spring baby and I love the soft colors. But there is something about the crisp and cool air that just refreshes you from the melting heat that is summer. Where I'm from, in Alabama our summers are long and humid so fall doesn't really start until mid-October. 

Since I am sick of my sweating my edges out and wearing sandals, here is my 10 things I love about Fall.

1) You can let your hair down.
For me, wearing my hair down is a struggle. In the summer I stick to cute and simple buns to keep my hair from frizzing and sticking to me in the heat. As much as I love buns after a while you start developing head aches from your bun being to tight. In the fall I can let my hair be free more. Although I usually have a weave in, In the fall I do not really have to worry about my leave out frizzing.

2) Comfort.
There is nothing like a chunky cable knit sweater, fleece tights and fluffy socks inside cute boots to make you feel comfortable. Pull overs, hoodies, sweaters, jackets, leggings, tights, skinny jeans, combat boots, thigh high boots, riding boots, booties, ankle boots and ugly Uggs are all Fall essential to stock up on. Don't forget warm cozy blankets for those chilly nights in, new slippers, fluffy socks, scarves and beanies!

3) Aroma.
Fall and Winter have to best smell. Spring and Summer are all fruity, tropically and flora and that's okay if you want to mess with your sinuses but Fall has warm relaxing fragrances such as pumpkin spice, cinnamon and brown sugar, warm vanilla, toasted marshmallow, candy corn, mocha latte, and candy apple to name a few. Bath and Body works put out their new Fall candle scents not to long ago and my nose did not like what it smelled. My favorite candles for Fall are pumpkin pie and marshmallow campfire.

4) Treats.
I am a foodie and I love season treats. For summer its watermelon and barbecued food. For Fall, there are so many treats. Pumpkin spice is what I look forward to. There are pumpkin spice muffins(Starbucks and Panera are the best I have tried), pumpkin spice coffee drinks(Starbucks), pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing(Publix), and of course pumpkin pie. Soups, stews and anything you can throw in a crockpot. There is nothing like warm chili or chicken and dumplings to warm your hands and feed your soul. Halloween is a day full of treats from candy apples, to Rice Krispy treat shaped pumpkins and monsters. Thanksgiving fills your tummy with turkey, sage dressing, cranberry sauce, and candied yams. And do not forget about your hot chocolates with the shellows(marshmellow)!

5) Change it up

  In the Fall its like the leave are about to embark on a new journey and leave their home. They go from dark green to browns, reds, oranges, and yellows and the wind comes and takes them away to new location. Designers like to mimic these colors into our wardrobe and homes. The color palate for fall are warmer and muted tones as oppose to summer bright and saturated hues. So look for dusty reds, mustard yellows, plums, olive greens, royal blues and mauve. You can pair these colors with browns, greys, black, white, go for the monochromatic look or if you are bold mix and match. Aside from fashion changing in the fall you activities change as well. Unless you live in Florida or somewhere with constant heat, you can't enjoy the beach anymore. In Alabama you can hang by the pool some days but you may have a leaf or two in your water but my point is that its not that same being in water in the fall. You can enjoy being outside more. You can go to a football game( I won't but you can). You can go on a hike and enjoy nature without dealing with as many bugs. When Halloween comes you can dress up and trick or treat or party. Or you can stay inside and watch scary movies.


1 comment:

  1. Senior Virgin Hair offers virgin body wave hair, Best quality body wave human hair bundles online for sale, also wholesale. Cheap Lace Front Wigs

    ReplyDelete