Friday, September 12, 2014

Oil Cleansing


Allot of people ask me how do I get such nice skin? The short answer to that is that I'm Black. Lol no...maybe. But I just have normal skin and I break out before and during Bloody Mary's monthly visit. My skin tends to get oily during the summer and occasionally i get horrible chin bumps. The method I use to clean my skin is oil cleansing.

You might find it strange that you put oil on skin to clean it but scientifically like dissolves like. What     I have noticed when washing with soaps and salicylic acid is that you are stripping your skin of the natural oils and disturbing the natural PH balance so your skin reacts by over producing oil that leads to break outs. What the oil does is gently removes impurities, dirt and make up with out drying out the skin.

To start oil cleansing you need to do research on different oils and see which have more beneficial properties for your skin. I use a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, sunflower seed oil, and organic coconut oil. extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer and helps brighten skin for glowy even toned skin. Sunflower seed oil is packed with vitamin E that helps with acne scaring. Organic coconut oil smells nice and is perfect for getting off makeup and it contains acids to help kill the bacteria in your pores. If you have oily skin the coconut oil may be too heavy of an oil for your skin type. My mixture works fine for me and I have normal skin. 

Once you have done your oil research. Put your mixture in a cute little pump bottle. The great thing about the oil method is that you only have to wash your have once a day. At night I start by using one pump to take my make-off. Once my makeup is mostly gone, I use another pump and rub It on my face using my face brush. Then i take a shower and let the steam get into my pores. What you want to do while using the oil cleansing method is to open you pores up by using steam. Once I have completed my shower I get a face cloth and wet it with warm water to wipe of the oil. And that is it. No moisturizer needed. I don't use any toners or any of that other fancy crap. Just oil and water nightly.

Tips and Tricks:
1) do not get it in your eyes
2) for best results leave the oil on for ten minutes
3) always use extra virgin, cold pressed, or organic
4) never take a shower with make-up on
5) always make sure your face cloth is clean. You don't want something dirty to wash your face with. 
6) for more info on the oil cleansing i recommend you watch this youtube video:


1 comment:

  1. Senior Virgin Hair sells high-quality 100% virgin human hair at rock-bottom price. When you want to have the best hair which is sleek, shiny and extremely luxurious, Brazilian deep wave human hair wigs is the best choice. Brazilian deep wave hair is a type of hairstyle which like water wave. It is worth for you to have a try. We will show you some deep wave cheap human hair wigs reviews. Hair For Sale

    ReplyDelete