Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lazy Girl Guide to Studying


If you are anything like me you like to procrastinate. You will go out of you way to lay around and do nothing. Right? Well when you are in college you can't procrastinate as much as you could have in high school. Laziness has to be scheduled! I'm not kidding if you want to sit around watching Supernatural and yelling at the T.V all night that has to be planned or you will suffer for it later. Here is a guide on how to be lazy and get all of your homework and studying done so you can pass your classes! Some of these things I need to do better at.

Get organized

 Being lazy is allot easier when everything has a place so it saves time. I organize all of my classes in one 1"1/2 inch binder and separate each class with tab dividers. Therefore, I don't have to scramble to look for notes or homework. Put dates on top of  you notes and homework assignments so you know when you covered this in class and the due date. If you are not a binder person then a five subject notebook works fine also. Make a file folder on your computer's desktop for each class to keep papers, power points, notes and syllabus for easy access.

Schedules

 Get an agenda, download apps, or what ever you know you are going to use and plan out your week. I use a weekly organizer a calendar app on my phone and a dry erase board I can write everything I need to get done for the week in my weekly planner, put down important times and dates on my calendar and prioritize everything on my dry erase board. This way you are one step ahead because you are aware of what is going on. This way you can have room to plan out lazy days...and homework and study time. There is nothing worse than walking into a classroom and not knowing there is a test going on. I have been there.

Break It Down

It gets overwhelming when you are looking at a long list of crap to get done. Usually I look at it and go to sleep ,but I learned when you break thing up in segments it makes things easier. For example, I have a test Monday in Biology on Ch1-4. My brain goes too much info and I usually procrastinate. But If I break it down and study a chapter a day four days before the test, I will have more free time to relax. Or break it down by two chapters a day depending on the time you have. I learned from my textile class that cramming in allot of material in one day is not a good idea.

Color Yourself Happy

Sometimes its hard to get motivated. To help me stay motivated while getting studying down is coloring. It bring out the child in me. Invest in color pens, glitter pens, highlighters, sharpies, stickers, colorful sticky notes and index cards. Where ever you can get your happy color fix but don't go over board to the point where you can't read your notes. Color also helps you organize. For instance write vocab in pink, important things in red, thing you have trouble understanding in green and so on.

Helpful Study Websites

There are allot of flashcard website out there that you can use and allot of them allow you to share your cards with others. I used to be able to get pre-made flashcards for classes that someone in my class already made off Studyblue but now Studyblue wants to charge for using other people's stuff. If you are that kind of lazy and you have $3 and month to waste then Studyblue is for you. I use Quizlet because it is free and has games to play with the flashcards. There are many other study apps out there that you can download for your phone. You can also use Studyroom.com and it will connect you will your classmates and you can exchange information and ask questions about your classes. 

And there you go, my guide to help you study an be lazy. =)

1 comment:

  1. Senior Virgin Hair sells high-quality 100% virgin human hair at rock-bottom price. When you want to have the best hair which is sleek, shiny and extremely luxurious, Brazilian deep wave human hair wigs is the best choice. Brazilian deep wave hair is a type of hairstyle which like water wave. It is worth for you to have a try. We will show you some deep wave cheap human hair wigs reviews. Lace Front Wigs With Baby Hair

    ReplyDelete